Vietnamese Shaking Beef and Garlic Noodles is a recipe that is very common in most Vietnamese restaurants, but I wouldn’t say it’s authentic. The more traditional way to serve Shaking Beef is over red rice or white rice. Somewhere along the way garlic noodles became popular to pair with Shaking Beef. Either way you choose to eat this dish it you will love it!
Vietnamese Shaking Beef and Garlic Noodles
Author: My Healthy Dish
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 2-3 servings
- 10-12oz beef tenderloin
- 1 medium red pepper
- 2 stalks green onion
- 16oz pre-cooked chow mein or egg noodles
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1½ tbsp. butter
- Cube beef tenderloin into bite size pieces and place in medium size bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, brown sugar and 1 tbsp. minced garlic. Pour marinade over beef tenderloin and cover for 15 minutes.
- Heat wok or large pan to medium high heat and add 1 tbsp. sesame oil. Add marinated beef and space them out to cook evenly. You might have to cook beef in two separate batches. Cook beef to medium well about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove beef and rinse wok.
- Heat wok to medium low heat and add 1½ tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. minced garlic and remaining marinade. Simmer for 1-2 minutes and add cut up bell peppers.
- Cook peppers for 2 minutes and add chow mein noodles and re-heat for another minute before tossing back in beef and sliced green onions.
- Lastly season with black pepper.